House Sharing Agreement

This agreement is suitable for use when only part of a house is being let. It may be that rooms are let individually but these are not self-contained in that there are shared areas – such as a kitchen, bathroom or perhaps a lounge. It would also be suitable for the situation of an owner occupier of a house letting out a room or rooms to a lodger.

The agreement envisages that a weekly rent will be paid and that the tenant or lodger will have the use of other shared areas. It envisages that that person would pay for the use of gas and electricity etc. If, however the arrangement is that rent includes the cost of these services then that would be acceptable. In an agreement of this nature it would be usual for the rooms to be let on a furnished basis and for there to be an inventory of these. The agreement is not for a fixed term – but rather it continues on a week to week basis until terminated by one party giving notice to the other.

If you propose to let out the whole of your house or flat then we would recommend you use the Assured Shorthold Tenancy. See Useful links.

Useful Links
UnZip UnZip
Documents will download as zipped files and will unzip to Word documents.
You will need a zip utility to unzip the document - Windows XP and above contain a built in utility.
WinZip WinZip
World Pay
Maestro MasterCard Visa Visa Debit Visa Electron
The documents available on this site have been prepared for use in England & Wales. They may not be valid if used in other areas.